ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This section of your User agreement details some of the basic rules of participation in the Internet community and constitutes part of our terms of Service. By your use of the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy. Future Technologies reserves the sole and unconditional right to refuse, suspend or terminate Service to anyone who violates these rules as determined by Future Technologies, in its sole discretion.
- Illegal Use – You agree not to use the Service for or in the pursuit of illegal purposes. Future Technologies cooperates with local and federal authorities in investigations into illegal Internet use, and will take both criminal and civil legal action against Users who are determined to be using the Service in an unlawful way. You agree not to directly or indirectly allow a third party to use the Service in an illegal or unsuitable manner.
- Harassment – You agree not to use the Service for harassment, threats, verbal abuse, and persistent unwanted contact of any kind. Harassment covers any use of the Service to directly or indirectly contact any other user (including users of another Internet service) in an unwanted fashion. Harassment can be active, in forms such as unwanted email, chat messages, or verbal declarations on a public forum, or can be passive in the form of defamatory information posted on web sites.
- Disruption/Hacking – You agree not to make any attempt to disrupt or attack the systems or Services provided by Future Technologies or any third party. This includes any deliberate attempt to interfere with another user’s ability to take advantage of services offered online. This also includes any effort to secure access to hardware and services without the consent of the provider of those services.In using this Service, you may not use an IP address or client ID not assigned to you, forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or newsgroup posting or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network by the use of sniffers, SNMP tools or any other method. Hackers will be subject to the full extent of criminal law, and Future Technologies reserves the right to seek damages or legal recourse against Users who abuse, attack, or hack their systems, servers, or Services.
- Fraud/False Advertising – You agree not to post or transmit fraudulent information on or through the Service. This can include false advertising, identity theft, or misrepresentation of any kind including phishing, forged email headers or fictitious email addresses.
- Unsolicited Advertising/Spamming – You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited material through any active medium such as email, chat, messaging, chain letters, advertisements, jokes, etc. Future Technologies does not tolerate unsolicited mass emailing (Spamming) of any kind, and the use of any of Future Technologies’ Services for this purpose is strictly prohibited. To assist Future Technologies in preventing Spamming, Future Technologies may limit the number of recipients allowed per email and/or limit the number of e-mails You can send over a short period of time. Content falling in this category is defined by the receiving user’s desire to be contacted in the specified manner, so use good judgment if you are sending to mailing lists. Future Technologies may also limit or deny access to mail servers other than those hosted by Future Technologies. You further agree not to collect or harvest account information without the expressed consent of those from whom you collect the information.
- Disruptive Content – You agree not to post or transmit any disruptive content. Certain kinds of content broadcast or displayed on the Internet can generate a great deal of disruption and reaction from the Internet community as a whole. This can include, but is not limited to, material that is considered obscene, offensive, or extremely controversial. While Future Technologies does not actively censor its Users, the reaction this material can generate can be expensive and time consuming, and as such makes the continued support of Users generating this kind of content of questionable business value to Future Technologies. You understand and agree that Future Technologies may suspend or terminate your Service should your usage result in significant complaint or constitute disruptive content, as determined by Future Technologies in its sole discretion, from the Internet community at large.
- Extended Connections – Unless you are a Business Class subscriber, this Service is intended for personal, periodic, and active use of the World Wide Web, email, news groups, games and file transfers; You may stay connected so long as You are using the Service for this purpose. Future Technologies reserves the right to terminate the Service at any time if it determines you are using the Service for extended high bandwidth connections.
- Use of Servers, PtP and Internet appliances – Unless you are a Future Technologies Business Class Customer, you agree that you will not establish or operate a web server, email server, FTP server, file server or run any other server applications and/or software providing server-like functionality in connection with the Service. Use of PtP programs like Napster, Bearshare, Limewire and Bittorrent is allowed but must be limited! Use of internet aplliances such as sling box's, ip cameras or other audio/video streaming device's is allowed but must be limited. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Future Technologies.
- Excessive Bandwidth – Unless you are a Future Technologies Business Customer, You agree that You will not use continued and sustained excessive bandwidth as defined by the Future Technologies Terms of Service in connection with Your use of the Service. If Future Technologies determines, in its sole discretion, that You are using a continuous and sustained excessive amount of bandwidth as defined by the Future Technologies Terms of Service or You are violating any of the above terms, Future Technologies may take some or all of the following actions, in its sole discretion: 1) seek a clarification of Your activity patterns; 2)Disconnect Your sessions during periods of such violations; 3) Require you to upgrade to a higher service package or Business Class service; 4) Reduce your maximum allowed connection speed; 5) Terminate your Service.
- Reselling or Reconfiguring the Service- You may not resell the Service or redistribute or reconfigure the Service to allow others to use the Service in an illegal, fraudulent or inappropriate manner. Interpretation will be at the sole discretion of Future Technologies.
- Excessive Use of Future Technologies Outbound SMTP Mail Servers – Use of Future Technologies outbound SMTP mail servers is restricted to 150 outbound mail messages per hour.
- Copyright Infringement – Future Technologies respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Future Technologies will terminate the account of any User who unlawfully transmits copyrighted material without a license or privilege to do so. Future Technologies will terminate such account after receiving proper notification by the copyright holder to our office, and if we have a good faith belief, in our sole discretion, that infringement has occurred. Our ability to terminate your account is in addition to and not instead of any and all other remedies that we may have against you under the law.
- Reporting Other Abuse - To report other abuse of this Acceptable Use Policy, please email us at email@example.com