BROADBAND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
- Network Management Practices/Congestion Management: Future Technologies Customer broadband connection speeds are limited to the maximum speed advertised for the speed package they are subscribed to. Future Technologies Customers are not limited to a total maximum transfer limit, commonly referred to as a "Data Cap". Future Technologies monitors network traffic to ensure capacity is sufficient to maintain an efficient network load, to perform diagnostics and to otherwise manage and enhance our network. Future Technologies may give priority on an unpaid basis to interactive or critical classes of traffic such as VoIP, traffic essential to the efficient operation the Future Technologies network, and traffic related to the accounts of commercial Customers or Customers with dedicated connections. Future Technologies may limit peer-to-peer applications to the extent Future Technologies determines, in Future Technologies' sole and reasonable discretion, it is appropriate to maintain an efficient network load. Other factors that may affect a Customer's experience include multiple Customer devices simultaneously downloading high-bandwidth applications and services.
Future Technologies' congestion management practices are in place to ensure that all Customers experience high quality service. If Future Technologies determines, in its sole and reasonable discretion, that the manner in which a Customer is using the Service negatively impacts other Customers or the Future Technologies Network, Future Technologies reserves the right to apply additional congestion management techniques. For non-business Customers additional congestion management by default currently includes a throttle which restricts the total connection speed. This throttle is triggered by long periods of high utilization; If a given non-business customer connection has a five-hour average upload or download utilization which exceeds thirty percent of the subscribed speed, the connection is limited to forty percent of the subscribed speed until the five-hour average drops below thirty percent of the subscribed speed. Business connections are not subject to this congestion management technique. As video streaming and other high bandwidth applications change over time, Future Technologies may adjust and/or replace this bandwidth management technique to provide an improved end user experience for the customer base as a whole.
Future Technologies' service is provided on a "best efforts" basis. Certain circumstances may affect the speed and quality of Service, including but not limited to foliage, line-of-sight obstructions, radio frequency interference, the distance between a Customer and the transmission point, and the connection of multiple devices to the Future Technologies network.
- Performance: Future Technologies Customers with a well performing connection can reasonably expect to get their full subscribed connection speed most of the time. Commercial speed test websites can be a useful tool, but only serve to show the amount of bandwidth currently available, and does not account for bandwidth already in use by other devices on a Customer's network. Common examples of devices unknowingly using bandwidth include Windows or other operating system update, games systems which appear to be turned off, or cloud backup services, just to name a few. Customers may contact Future Technologies Technical support to find out how much traffic is currently flowing through their connection. Customers at the very edge of our serviceable area or with a less than ideal signal may choose to accept service as deliverable, and may not realize their full subscribed speed. Future Technologies Network Operations Team constantly monitors network latency and link utilization to identify congestion or other factors that may negatively impact End User Experience. When congestion is identified every effort is made to remedy the problem as quickly as reasonably possible. While proactive upgrades are underway constantly, some remedies require hardware replacement, construction, or significant network changes, and will therefore take longer to implement. Additionally, customer connected to portions of the network which were part of recent acquisitions may have varying performance until which time as Future Technologies is able to fully upgrade those portions of the network to meet its standards.
- Latency: Latency on the Future Technologies network averages between 5ms and 50ms depending upon a number of factors including but not limited to; distance between customer and the access point or distance between the access point and nearest fiber optic connection. Latency to sites beyond the Future Technolgoies network may be higher but are outside of Future Technologies control.
- Application-Specific Behavior: Subject to the qualification that Future Technologies may reasonably limit peer-to-peer applications as set forth above, Future Technologies generally treats all lawful applications identically; however, Future Technologies reserves the right to block or limit access to any applications that Future Technologies determines, in Future Technologies' sole and reasonable discretion, may expose Future Technologies to potential legal liability, harm the Future Technologies network or otherwise interfere with or impair the experience of other Customers on the Future Technologies network.
- Device Attachment Rules: Future Technologies does not limit the types of devices that can be connected to the Future Technologies network, provided they are used for lawful purposes and do not harm the Future Technologies network; however, if Future Technologies determines, in Future Technologies' sole and reasonable discretion, that the connection of a particular type of device to the Future Technologies network negatively impacts other Customers or the Future Technologies network, or may expose Future Technologies to potential legal liability, Future Technologies reserve the right to limit or restrict Customers ability to connect such type of device to the Wisper network.
- Security: The Future Technologies network is designed in a manner that is intended to prohibit third parties who are not served by the Future Technologies network from initiating connections to Customers on the Future Technologies network if Future Technologies has not allocated a public IP address to that Customer. Future Technologies may prohibit certain activity on the Future Technologies network that Future Technologies deems, in Future Technologies' sole and reasonable discretion, poses a potential risk to Future Technologies' network or to other Customers. Triggering conditions include but are not limited to, denial of service activity, IP address or port scanning and excessive account login failures. If Future Technologies notices excessive Customer connections that are harmful or that disrupt the normal use of the Future Technologies network for other Customers, Future Technologies will attempt to notify the Customer to work collaboratively to remedy the issue; however; Future Technologies reserves the right, without advance notice, to block any Customer's traffic that Future Technologies determines, in Future Technologies' sole and reasonable discretion, may cause harm to the Future Technologies network or to other Customers, until the issue is addressed to Future Technologies' satisfaction.
- Pricing: Future Technologies offers multiple tiers of broadband Internet access service. The current pricing and other terms and conditions of these tiers can be found at www.futuretech.net or be obtained by calling customer service at 402-817-2682 Option 1. The pricing and other commercial terms of our Internet access services are subject to change and the information provided in this disclosure statement is not intended to supersede or modify any of the terms and conditions of service as applicable to a particular customer
- Redress Options: For immediate assistance with issues or complaints involving your broadband Internet access service, please contact our customer service center at 402-817-2682. We have technical support agents available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Written complaints can also be sent via U.S. mail to: Future Technologies, 206 South 13th Street, Suite 601, Lincoln NE, 68508.